How can I use the SMARTDrop Kiosk?
Our SMARTDrop kiosks are the newest, easiest, and more sustainable way to sell your phone and get paid instantly! We've partnered with ASDA and Co-op, so you'll find our kiosk units in their stores nationwide.
You will be offered our SMARTDrop kiosk option at the checkout stage if you live within 20 miles of a kiosk unit.
Once you've completed your order, we'll email you a QR code contained within your Pack & Send Guide. Simply take your QR code to your nearest kiosk (we'll let you know the address of the nearest one) and scan it when prompted. This will identify the details of your order and display them on the screen.
Once you've done that, simply follow the on-screen directions to sell your phone and get paid, hassle-free!
Kiosk Opening times
|Monday||7pm - 10pm|
|Tuesday||7pm - 10pm|
|Wednesday||7pm - 10pm|
|Thursday||7am - 10pm|
|Friday||7am - 10pm|
|Saturday||7am - 10pm|
|Sunday||7am - 10pm|
*These hours of operation are based on musicMagpie operating hours. Please check your local Asda and Co-Op stores for their opening hours.
What devices can I sell at your SMARTDrop kiosk?
We're currently only accepting Apple and Samsung phones through our SMARTDrop Kiosk option.
If you've created an order for any other model of phone, or another Tech item (such as a smart watch, games console, tablet etc.), you won't be offered the option to use our SMARTDrop Kiosk when completing your order. Instead, you'll be offered one of our courier options so you can send your order to us for FREE!
What payment method can I choose for the SMARTDrop kiosk?
When completing your order on the website, you'll be able to choose either of the below payment methods:
- Bank Transfer
Your chosen payment method cannot be amended at the SMARTDrop kiosk. Please ensure you've chosen the correct payment method before completing your order online.
How will my phone be quality assessed at the SMARTDrop kiosk?
Quality Assessments are quick and easy to carry out at our SMARTDrop kiosks!
Each SMARTDrop kiosk is equipped with four high-quality cameras that will be used to inspect your phone.
Once you've placed your phone into the kiosk, four different checks will be carried out:
- A Device Check - this will verify the make and model of your phone.
- A Security Check - this will check your phone's IMEI number against the CheckMEND register.
- An Account Lock Check - we'll check if your phone is locked to your iCloud or Android account.
- A Condition Check - we'll verify that the condition matches that which you chose when placing your order.
Each check will display a green tick once it has successfully been completed.
If all of the checks are successful, we'll pay you the original valuation offered to you.
If your phone fails any of the checks, we'll either offer you a revised price which you can accept or decline at the kiosk, advise you to contact CheckMEND, or provide you with some instructions on how to unlock your phone.
Can I stop using the SMARTDrop kiosk at any point?
Once you've placed your phone into the SMARTDrop kiosk light box to be assessed, there will be a 'Return My Device' option in the top right-hand corner of each screen. If you want to stop with the transaction, tap this option to retrieve your phone back.
Please note: once the Quality Assessment has been completed and your phone drops into the collection chamber, you won't be able to retrieve your phone back. Instead, we'll pay you the valuation to your chosen payment method.
What do I do if something goes wrong?
On the rare occasion, things can go wrong. By carefully following the on-screen instructions, you'll be able to resolve 99% of issues. Here are some tips and tricks to help you proceed with your transaction:
I'm unable to scan my QR at the SMARTDrop kiosk
For the SMARTDrop kiosk to successfully scan your QR code, your phone must be placed at a 90 degree angle to the scanner. To do this, it is best practise to place your phone flat in the palm of your hand and present the QR code to the scanner.
The SMARTDrop Kiosk won't read my IMEI number
1. Ensure that your phone is face-up when placed into the valuation chamber.
2. Ensure that your screen is on and that your phone hasn't entered 'sleep mode'.
3. Ensure that your IMEI number is visible on screen before being placed into the valuation chamber.
4. Ensure that your screen protector and phone case (if applicable) have been removed so that your IMEI number can be scanned.
The IMEI check only takes a couple of seconds. If the kiosk is unable to read your IMEI number, please follow the on-screen instructions.
I have another issue that isn't listed
If you run into a problem whilst trying to use our SMARTDrop kiosk that isn't listed above, please follow the below steps so we can resolve your issue as quickly as possible:
1. If you're at the kiosk, please call our dedicated Customer Service* team. Your SMARTDrop kiosk has a telephone number listed in the 'Help' section found in the top-right hand corner of the kiosk screen.
2. If you're not at the kiosk, please contact us. When contacting us, please provide us with the following details:
- Your device's IMEI number.
- Your order number
- SMARTDrop kiosk details (location + date and time)
- Small description of the error encountered
*Our Customer Service team are available Monday - Saturday, 9am - 4:30pm.